We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Stewing Squid
- Squid (fresh frozen) 700 grams
- Onions 1-2 pieces (medium)
- Sour cream 250 milliliters
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Parsley to taste (for serving)
- Main ingredients: Squid, Onion, Sour cream
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
A kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, a tablespoon, a wooden kitchen spatula, a teapot, a bowl, a stove, a frying pan, a plate.
Cooking Braised Squid:
Step 1: prepare the squid.
Most often, on the shelves of shops you can see already peeled squids without heads, tentacles and an ink bag, but even they need additional processing. To start, we heat a full kettle of ordinary running water.
In the meantime, put the desired seafood in a small bowl and after a while, pour boiling water. We maintain squid in this form for 1 minute, during which time the skin-film will curl up and easily lag behind. Next, thoroughly wash each body inside and out of the remnants of sand and dirt.
After that, we remove the insides and the chord from them - a flexible transparent spine. Again, wash the squid under cold running water, dry with paper kitchen towels, put on a cutting board, shred across the rings with a thickness of 1-1.5 centimeters and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare onions and herbs.
Using a new kitchen knife, peel the onion. We wash it with greens, dry it, send it to a cutting board and continue preparation. We cut the beam into cubes, straws, half rings or rings with a thickness of 5-7 millimeters. We remove leaves from parsley branches and set aside for a while, they will be needed later for serving.
Step 3: Cook the Braised Squid.
Now put on a medium heat pan and put a little butter in it. After a few minutes, when the fat melts and warms up, we send chopped onions into it. Stew the vegetable until it is transparent, soft, and also a light golden crust, occasionally stirring with a wooden kitchen spatula. Then add the squid pieces to the onion and cook them together. 1 minute.
Then fill it with sour cream, bring it to a boil, season to taste with salt, black pepper, mix everything again and simmer more 2 minutes. After that, remove the pan from the stove, spread the fragrant dishes in portions on plates, decorate with parsley and serve with your favorite side dish.
Step 4: Serve the stewed squid.
Braised squids - divine seafood in sour cream sauce. They are served immediately after cooking in hot form, pre-decorated with greens of dill, parsley, cilantro or green onions. Basically, these tasty marine inhabitants are served as a snack or as a second main dish along with a side dish: pasta, steamed rice, boiled, baked potatoes or a salad of fresh vegetables. This dish has a spicy-salty taste with a pronounced aroma of seafood. Enjoy a simple, spicy and at the same time gourmet food!
Enjoy your meal!
- very often, instead of sour cream, liquid cream is used;
- a wonderful substitute for black pepper - fragrant, it is not so sharp, but quite fragrant;
- sometimes stew the onions with finely chopped garlic and only after that add the rest of the products, as indicated in the recipe;
- in the same way you can cook any other seafood, just do not forget that they all differ in the way of preparation and the time of stewing;
- a set of spices is not essential, use any others that season seafood dishes, for example, garlic granules, lemon powder, turmeric, basil, savory, fennel, oregano and others;
- if you stew squid longer than the time specified in the recipe, they will become tough, although even in this case the dish can be rehabilitated. Just add purified water to the pan, reduce the heat to the smallest level and simmer the seafood for 2-3 hours until cooked, of course, after that they will lose their nutritional value, but become soft.