We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for the Preparation of Chrenoder
At 3.5 liter cans:
- Horseradish (fresh root) 1 kilogram
- Beetroot juice 500 milliliters
- Sugar (sand) 100 grams
- Table vinegar 9% 1 cup
- Salt 30 grams
- Main ingredients: Beet, Horseradish
- World Cuisine
A glass (capacity 250 milliliters), a kitchen scale, a kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, rubber gloves, a plastic bucket - 2 pieces, sterile gauze, a deep bowl, a wooden kitchen shovel, a tablespoon, a meat grinder (blender, food processor) , grater), paper kitchen towels, a half-liter glass jar - 3 pieces, a metal screw lid, a refrigerator (cellar), a deep bowl.
Step 1: prepare horseradish and beetroot.
To begin with, with the help of two sharp separate knives, we peel all the root crops from the peel and wash them thoroughly from the remains of the earth. Then put the horseradish in a deep bowl, fill it with ordinary running water and keep it in this form 30-40 minutesso that most of the bitterness comes out.
Step 2: chop and squeeze the beets.
Dry the beets and cut into small pieces. Then we act depending on the desire and opportunities. Slices of this vegetable can be passed through a meat grinder, grind with a food processor, a blender or grated on a fine grater. After that, we transfer the chopped ingredient into a piece of gauze, folded in 2-3 layers, and squeeze the juice from it into a clean bowl. In total, you need 500 milliliters of red fragrant liquid, if not enough, then prepare another serving. The amount of beets depends on its juiciness and variety, but basically it takes about 1-1.5 kilograms. We wash, dry, and temporarily set aside the kitchen appliance that was used to chop the vegetable, it will still be needed.
Step 3: chop horseradish.
After 30-40 minutes we get horseradish out of the water. Rinse again, dry with paper towels, cut into thin cubes or slices, grind in the same way as beets and transfer to a deep bowl or any other dishes in which it will be convenient to mix.
Step 4: bring the hrenoder to full readiness.
Now add sugar and salt to the beetroot juice. We mix everything with a wooden kitchen spatula until a homogeneous consistency, as well as complete dissolution of the grains, and pour the burgundy liquid into a bucket of chopped horseradish.
We send 9% vinegar to the table, mix everything again until smooth, lay out the resulting miracle in pre-sterilized half-liter jars. We cork them with tight-fitting plastic or metal screw caps and send them to the cellar or refrigerator. After a week, you can take the first test of the hrenoder.
Step 5: submit the hrenoder.
Chrenoder served chilled as a snack. It is served in small bowls, gravy boats or laid out in portions on plates as an addition to the main dishes of meat, poultry, fish and game. This dish turns out to be aromatic, one might say spicy and with a very sharp relish, in ancient times it was believed that it has a rejuvenating effect - no worse than ginseng root. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- the hrenoder can be stored in a cold place from 9 months to 1 year, while not losing its taste and healing properties;
- if desired, a couple of garlic cloves squeezed out through a press can be added to a mixture of their beetroot juice, spices and horseradish;
- during cooking, it is better to work with gloves so as not to burn the skin on the hands;
- important! All equipment that will be involved in the preparation of this dish must be thoroughly washed with a sponge and baking soda or detergent with a minimum amount of chemicals. Then, small kitchen appliances (lids, spoons) should be boiled, and the jars sterilized in any convenient way. This process will help protect the workpiece from damage.