We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for making semolina caviar
- Semolina 1/2 cup
- Lightly salted herring fillet medium size 1/2 part
- Onions medium size 3 pieces
- Vegetable oil 1/2 cup
- Small lemon 1 piece
- Ground red pepper 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Purified water 1 cup
- Main ingredients: Herring, Manka
- Serving 6 servings
Inventory:Small pan with a lid, Cooker, Cutting board, Knife, Meat grinder, Plate, Juicer, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Fork, Bowl or salad bowl, Medium bowl
Making caviar from semolina:
Step 1: prepare the lemon.
For cooking, we need 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice. Therefore, we wash the citrus under running water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, we cut it into two halves and after that we squeeze out each lemon part using a juicer.
Step 2: prepare semolina porridge.
Pour purified water into a small pan and put the container on medium heat. When the water boils, make a small fire and pour semolina into the pan. You can immediately salt the mixture a little so that the semolina semolina does not stick to the walls of the container. From time to time, stirring with a tablespoon, cook the semolina for 7-10 minutes until it begins to thicken and becomes dense in consistency. Immediately after that, turn off the burner, and cover the pan with a lid and set aside to cool quietly to room temperature. During this time, porridge thickens even more.
Step 3: prepare herring fillet.
We wash the herring fillet slightly under running water and put it on a cutting board. With clean hands, remove the protective film and, if necessary, remove large bones. Using a knife, cut the fish into small pieces and transfer to a free plate.
Using a meat grinder with a fine lattice, grind the pieces of herring directly into the same plate and meanwhile set aside.
Step 4: prepare caviar from semolina.
In a medium bowl, transfer the cooled semolina, ground herring and add red ground pepper. Using a fork, mix everything thoroughly until we get a homogeneous mass. Immediately after this, pour a thin stream of vegetable oil and continue to mix everything with a tablespoon. At the end we add freshly squeezed lemon juice and salt to taste, again we mix everything well with improvised equipment and we can serve caviar to the table.
Step 5: serve caviar from semolina.
Transfer the prepared semolina caviar with a tablespoon to a bowl or salad bowl and serve to the dining table. Such an appetizer, despite the composition of the ingredients, is quite tasty and can easily be spread on bread, making some sort of sandwiches. Help yourself!
- Instead of freshly squeezed lemon juice, you can use citric acid. Then everything needs to be done "by eye", as citric acid gives caviar more acid than juice. Therefore, it is better to add the component in small portions and taste the snack.
- Semolina caviar can be decorated with fresh herbs and tomato slices.
- Ready caviar can be stored in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. To do this, transfer the dish to a clean jar, tightly close the capron lid and store on the middle shelf.
- In order to grind herring fillet, you can use a blender instead of a meat grinder. In this case, use the appliance at medium speed for 1-2 minutes.