Ingredients for cooking shrimp in a slow cooker
- Shrimps, boiled and frozen, unpeeled (medium size) 500 grams
- Salt to taste
- Lemon 1 piece
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Purified water 3 multi-glasses
The second option:
- Dill 3-4 branches - or to taste
- Parsley 3-4 pieces - or to taste
- Garlic 1-2 prongs or to taste
- Purified water 2 multi-glasses
- Pepper black peas 2-3 pieces or to taste
- Allspice peas 2-3 pieces or to taste
- Laurel leaf 2-3 pieces
The third option:
- Vegetable oil 2-3 tablespoons
- 4-pronged garlic
- Parsley 2-3 branches
- Seasoning "A mixture of five ground peppers" to taste
- Main ingredients: Shrimp, Garlic, Greens
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
A plastic bag, a deep bowl, a colander, a crock-pot, a steamer bowl from a crock-pot, a silicone kitchen spatula, paper kitchen towels, a multi-cup, a kitchen knife, a cutting board, a slotted spoon, a tablespoon, a portioned dish or plate.
Cooking shrimp in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the shrimp.
There are a lot of ways to cook this dish, we will consider some of the simplest options with a minimum number of products. We will use frozen regular or king prawns, which have been pre-cooked and then covered with a thin coating of ice. They are much easier to find on store shelves as well as supermarkets than fresh ones, especially in autumn and winter. So, if time does not wait, then let seafood thaw at room temperature on its own for 8-9 hours. In a hurry? Then we shift them into a small plastic bag, send them into a deep bowl and fill them with warm running water from the tap or from the kettle. Never use hot liquids., this ingredient will lose its juiciness and taste!
The latter option is quite gentle and fast, after about 30-40 minutes shrimp thaw. Then we discard them in a colander, rinse thoroughly from sand, as well as any other contaminants, if desired, remove each head and leave it in the sink until use so that the glass has excess water.
Step 2: cook the shrimp in a slow cooker - method one.
The first option is a couple. After the necessary time, we insert the plug of the multicooker into the outlet, install the teflon bowl in its recess and pour three multiglasses of purified water into it. We cover the kitchen appliance with a lid, turn on the display Steaming program and press the button "Start".
While boiling the liquid, we transfer the prepared shrimp into a special basket-a double boiler, season them to taste with salt, black pepper and mix with clean fingers so that the spices cover the seafood from all sides.
When the water begins to boil, insert the container with the shrimp into the slow cooker and cover it tightly with a lid. Cooking yummy about 5-6 minutessuch a simple way will help preserve their juice and divine aroma.
Step 3: cook the shrimp in a slow cooker - method two.
The second option is cooking in water. First, with a sharp kitchen knife, peel the cloves of garlic. Then we wash them with greens and dry them all with paper kitchen towels. Next, pour two multi-glasses of purified water into the bowl of the multicooker connected to the network, add a laurel leaf, salt, prepared garlic, two kinds of pepper in a pot, black and allspice, and dill with parsley.
Now install steaming mode, cover the kitchen appliance with a lid and turn on the button "Start". As soon as the water in the bowl begins to boil, lower the prepared shrimp into it and, after boiling again, cook them without covering, 3-5 minutes depending on size.
Step 4: cook the shrimp in a slow cooker - the third way.
The third option is frying. We put peeled garlic cloves on a cutting board and chop them into small pieces ranging in size from 3 to 5 millimeters. Then pour the right amount of vegetable oil into the multicooker bowl, set on the board baking mode and turn on the button "Start". A few minutes later we lower the prepared garlic there and fry it 2-3 minuteswhile stirring constantly with a silicone spatula.
Then we add almost dried shrimp to the vegetable and season them with salt, as well as a mixture of five ground peppers. We leave the same mode, but on the scoreboard we increase the time up to 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of the seafood, and cook them, not forgetting to stir occasionally. 5 minutes before the end of the program add chopped parsley, mix everything again until smooth, keep the seafood in the bowl for the rest of the time and proceed to the tasting.
Step 5: serve the shrimp in a slow cooker.
Shrimp in a slow cooker - it is incredibly tasty. After cooking, steam or fried seafood is spread on a large flat dish, and the boiled ones are thrown into a colander and left in the sink for several minutes, so that the glass is excess liquid and they cool slightly. Then shrimp is watered with freshly squeezed lemon juice and served to the table, decorating with your favorite fresh greens of dill, parsley or cilantro. As an addition to such chic food, you can offer sauces based on tomatoes, cream, sour cream, as well as mayonnaise and mustard. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- as a rule, for 500 grams of shrimp and 2 multi-glasses of water put 1 tablespoon of salt dock without a slide;
- frozen king or regular shrimps, which were previously heat-treated and then covered with ice, are boiled in water or steamed in a slow cooker or pan for 3 to 5 minutes, completely fresh or raw and then immediately frozen for 7-10 minutes, depending by size. An exception to the general rules is frying in a slow cooker, which lasts 20-25 minutes, and this is quite a long time compared to a conventional one, in a pan that takes only 10-12 minutes;
- during the selection of shrimp, be extremely cautious, they should be with a folded tail, even carapace without white spots, with a pink, brown or green head, and the black shade of the chitin cover of seafood indicates disease;
- spices and herbs indicated in the recipe are considered classic, but at will you can use any others that season seafood dishes;
- an alternative to vegetable oil - cream.