We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
German Cauliflower Ingredients
- Cauliflower 1 head (large)
- Long loaf (stale) 1 piece
- Onion 2 pieces (large)
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Pork tenderloin (or any minced meat) 400 grams
- Pasteurized whole milk 500 milliliters
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Light German sauce (powder) 1 sachet
- Hard cheese 100 grams
- Dried parsley to taste
- Dill to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Pork, Cabbage, Onion, Cheese
- Serving 8 servings
- World cuisineGerman cuisine
Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Tablespoon, Deep pan, Colander, Stove, Kitchen towel, Oven, Heat-resistant baking dish, Deep plate - 2 pieces, Knife - 3 to 4 pieces, Cutting board - 2 to 3 pieces, Paper kitchen towels , Grater, Stewpan, Whisk, Kitchen gloves, Kitchen spatula, Plate
Cooking cauliflower in German:
Step 1: prepare the cabbage.
We fill a deep bowl with running water, add 1 tablespoon of salt to it and mix it with liquid until the salt grains are completely dissolved. Then we take cauliflower, remove leaves from it and wash it under cold water. After we lower the vegetable in saline on 10 minutes. During this time, most of the nitrates and various animals that live in inflorescences will come out of cabbage.
While the cabbage is infused, take a deep pan and fill it halfway with running water. We add salt to taste there. We put this capacity on the stove, turned on at a strong level. Bring the liquid to a boil. After 10 minutes, reduce the temperature of the stove to an average level, rinse the cabbage again, send it to the pot with boiled water and cook for 10 - 12 minutes. After the required time, we discard the cabbage into a deep colander. Leave it in this container until completely cooled.
Step 2: prepare the loaf.
We don’t waste time in vain, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, lubricate the heat-resistant baking dish with vegetable oil and proceed to the preparation of the filling. Put in a deep plate a small piece of stale loaf, fill it with water and soak 5 - 7 minutes.
Step 3: prepare the onions.
Then peel the onion, rinse it under running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and cut into medium cubes with a diameter of up to 1 centimeter. We shift the slices into a deep bowl.
Step 4: prepare the meat.
We also wash the meat, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board, clean it from bones and hymen. Then we cut it into small cubes and lay them in one dense layer.
Then we take two large, equally weighted knives and chop them with pork cubes until the minced meat of the required degree of grinding is obtained. We send the chopped meat in a bowl to the chopped onion.
Step 5: prepare the filling.
In a bowl with onions and minced meat, add a loaf squeezed from excess water. We drive in one egg without shell and introduce it to taste: dried parsley, dill, salt, black pepper. With clean hands, mix all the components of the filling to a homogeneous consistency.
Step 6: we stuff cabbage.
We shift the cooled cabbage into a form prepared for baking and fill the space between the cabbage inflorescences with filling.
Step 7: prepare the sauce.
After we cut off the paraffin crust from the hard cheese and rub it on a fine or medium grater into a deep plate. Pour milk into a small stewpan and put this capacity on a stove, which is turned on at an average level. When the milk boils, we introduce the powder of light German sauce into it, chopped cheese and cook the sauce 2 - 3 minutesstirring continuously with a whisk. During this time, the cheese will completely melt, and the milk mixture will become thicker.
Step 8: bake cabbage.
Pour the cabbage with the prepared sauce and send the form with the vegetable to the preheated oven. We bake cabbage in German 50 - 60 minutes. After the necessary time has passed we put on kitchen gloves, remove the form with fragrant dishes from the oven, put it on the countertop and allow the food to cool slightly.
After we cut the cabbage into portions, arrange them on plates with a kitchen spatula and serve this yummy to the table.
Step 9: serve the cauliflower in German.
German cauliflower is served hot or warm, as a separate main course. It can also be served with boiled, stewed, baked or steamed vegetables, mashed potatoes, boiled pasta, rice or a salad of fresh vegetables.
If desired, each portion of this yummy can be sprinkled with homemade sour cream or cream. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- At will, instead of minced meat, you can use minced meat. They differ from each other only in the degree of grinding, that is, the size of the pieces. But if you have time, it is better to cook minced meat. It will give the finished dish an incredibly pleasant juiciness.
- The set of spices can be adjusted to taste, complementing it with any other spices that are suitable for cooking meat or vegetable dishes.
- If your stores did not find light German sauce (in powder), do not worry, it can be replaced! Just add 3 tablespoons of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of starch (without a hill) and 1 tablespoon of oregano to boiling milk.
- In order to make the filling more juicy, you can add vegetables such as lettuce, garlic, tomatoes, zucchini to it.