Ingredients for cooking brussels sprouts pickled
- Brussels sprouts 450 grams
- Apple cider vinegar 1.5 cups
- Purified water 1 liter
- Black pepper peas 3-4 peas (optional)
- Mustard yellow seeds 1/4 tablespoon
- Allspice peas 1-2 pieces (optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Bay leaf 2 pieces
- Sugar 70 grams
- Salt 25 grams
- Main Ingredients Cabbage
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Saucepan, sterilized jars with lids, can opener, wooden spatula, colander, kitchen knife, cutting board, slotted spoon.
Cooking Brussels sprouts pickled:
Step 1: Prepare Brussels Sprouts.
Peel Brussels sprouts from dead brown leaves. With a knife, divide each head into two halves and put them in a colander. Rinse the cabbage with warm, almost hot running water. Then leave the colander together with chopped heads of cabbage on weight to allow excess liquid to drain. As soon as you make sure that the cabbage is well washed and dried, proceed to further cooking.
Step 2: Boil Brussels sprouts.
Fold the clean cabbage in salted water, bring to a boil and simmer until almost soft. Then, with the help of a slotted spoon, transfer the cabbage back to the colander, dry it again and place it in sterilized jars, adding peeled and chopped garlic cloves.
Step 3: Pickle Brussels sprouts.
While the cabbage is drying, prepare the marinade, mixing all the spices with water and bringing to a boil. Now add the indicated amount of apple cider vinegar, mix, boil another 5 minutes and pour boiled Brussels sprouts with hot marinade. With a wooden spatula, remove the bubbles from the surface and roll up the cans and place them in a cool and inaccessible place to the light. That's all, now it remains only to wait for the opportunity and serve pickled Brussels sprouts. This can be done after two days.
Step 4: Serve the brussels sprouts pickled.Serve Brussels sprouts as an appetizer, laying them on a separate small dish. Enjoy the taste of the dish and compliments to your culinary abilities.
Enjoy your meal!
- You can also add white cabbage, chopping it into thin strips.
- Some recipes suggest pickling Brussels sprouts along with carrots and onions.
- If you are not going to store pickled Brussels sprouts for a long time, then just close the jars with nylon lids and store in the refrigerator.