Lean Candy Ingredients
- Walnut 1/2 cup (125 grams)
- Almonds (peeled and roasted) 1/2 cup (125 grams)
- Pitted dates 1/2 cup (120 grams)
- Pitted prunes 1 cup (180 grams)
- Liquid vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Cocoa Powder (Bitter) 2 Tbsp
- Pinch of salt
- Black chocolate (78% of cocoa beans, without milk and animal fats, as well as flavorings) 1 bar (200 grams)
- Main Ingredients Dates, Prunes, Nuts, Cocoa and Chocolate
- Serving26 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scale or faceted glass (250 gram capacity), colander, paper kitchen towels, deep plate, parchment or baking paper, stationary blender, teaspoon, tablespoon, stove, deep pan (3 liter capacity), deep bowl, silicone or wooden kitchen spatula, large flat dish, wooden toothpick, baking sheet, refrigerator, paper cups for sweets.
Preparation of lean sweets:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
So, first we throw off dates with prunes in a colander and wash them from any kind of pollution. It is worth mentioning that these dried fruits are often processed with glycerin or a fat mixture and other substances, they are stored longer, therefore we do not regret the water and three carefully. Then we leave the dried gifts of nature in the sink for a few minutes, so that the glass is excess moisture, dry them with paper kitchen towels and move them to a clean dish.
After that, we cover the countertop with baking or parchment paper, put nuts on it and sort them out, paying any kind of rubbish, for example, husk or shell fragments. Then we lay out the remaining ingredients that will be needed for the preparation of goodies on the table, and move on.
Step 2: prepare a mixture of dried fruits and nuts.
We drop the nuts into a clean bowl of a stationary blender and crush them into small crumbs at the highest speed, this process will take about two minutes. Then we add dried fruits that have completely dried to the crushed kernels and again chop everything to a state of thick mashed potatoes, with small lumps, or without them, it will take about 2 minutes. Then pour bitter cocoa powder into the bowl, pour in the liquid vanilla extract and at medium speed mix the filling until smooth.
Step 3: prepare lean sweets - stage one.
Now put on a medium fire a deep wide pan, half filled with ordinary running water, let it boil. At this time, we collect one teaspoon with a slide of a mixture of dried fruits and nuts, put it in a clean palm and form a small ball with a diameter of 2.5-3 centimetersbut less or a little more. We move it to a large flat dish and in the same way we sculpt the remaining round pieces, which we immediately put in the refrigerator until they are needed.
Step 4: prepare the chocolate.
Then we remove the packaging from black milk-free chocolate, chop it into pieces and drop it into a deep bowl. After 4-5 minutes we put this dish in a pan with bubbling liquid - this is a water bath.
Melt chocolate on it to a liquid consistency, periodically stirring with a silicone or wooden kitchen spatula. As soon as the mass acquires the desired viscous consistency without lumps, remove it from the stove and, without hesitation, proceed to the next, almost final step.
Step 5: prepare lean sweets - stage two.
We take out the sweet balls from the refrigerator, in turn we prick them on a long wooden toothpick, roll in melted chocolate on all sides and transfer to a small baking sheet, previously covered with parchment.
Then we put the formed candies in the refrigerator for several hours or until they freeze, and after that you can start tasting!
Step 6: serve lean sweets.
Lean sweets after infusion in the refrigerator are optionally laid out in small paper cups, which are placed at the bottom of more suitable dishes, for example, a large flat dish or tray. If desired, these sweets are decorated with other dried fruits and served as a dessert with fresh, only brewed hot drinks, for example, tea, coffee, cappuccino, jelly, compote or whatever you like. Cook with love, and Fasting will be a joy!
Enjoy your meal!
- the filling can be supplemented with any other dried fruits and edible nuts, for example, hazelnuts, dried blueberries, mountain ash, cranberries, cashews, pecans, dried bananas, cherries and these are just a few of the options;
- no blender? No problem! We grind all the necessary ingredients through an electric or stationary meat grinder, although a food processor is also suitable;
- if desired, the chocolate can be melted in an uncovered double boiler or microwave;
- An alternative to liquid vanilla extract is a bag of vanilla sugar;
- very often sweets are crushed in a mixture of 20 grams of ground nuts, 50 grams of powdered sugar and a tablespoon of cocoa powder.