We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Semolina 1 cup
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Pure cold cold water 400 milliliters
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- Dry yeast 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Butter 50 grams
- Flower honey 50 grams
- Main IngredientsManka, Yeast Dough, Honey
- Serving 12 Servings
- World cuisine Moroccan cuisine
Medium bowl, Sieve, Mixer or blender, Kitchen stove, Small pan, Cloth towel, Stewpan, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Wooden spatula, Non-stick pan, Flat dish, Bowl, Kitchen gloves, Scoop
Step 1: prepare the water.
Pour pure water into a small saucepan and put on medium heat. Literally through 1-2 minutes we turn off the burner, since the liquid should be very slightly warmed up and become warm. Thus, our dough is well suited, and the pancakes will turn out lush and tasty.
Step 2: prepare the dough for the bagrir.
Sift the flour through a sieve directly into a free bowl. This must be done so that the pancakes turn out soft and tender, and also so that no lumps of flour come across in the dough.
Immediately after this, add dry yeast and semolina to the container. Using a tablespoon, mix everything well.
Then we break the egg into the bowl, add salt, sugar, a baking powder for the dough and pour barely warm water. Using a mixer or blender, whisk everything until a mass is uniform in consistency. The dough should turn out liquid like 15% sour cream. Cover the bowl with a cloth towel and set aside in a warm place. 40-50 minutes.
Step 3: prepare honey sauce.
Put butter, honey in a stewpan and put the container on a small fire. With constant stirring with a wooden spatula, bring to the formation of a homogeneous liquid mass.
Immediately after that we turn off the hotplate and pour the sauce, holding the stewpan with kitchen tacks, into a free bowl. Set aside, let it cool.
Step 4: prepare the bagrir.
In fact, a bagrir is real Moroccan pancakes that look like a delicate tablecloth in appearance. The dish turns out magnificent, fragrant and very tasty. So, for frying it is best to use a non-stick pan so that the pancakes do not absorb vegetable oil and do not become greasy during cooking. We put the container on the stove and heat it to a high temperature. Immediately after that we make a small fire. Open the bowl with the dough, mix the entire liquid mass, pick half with a scoop and pour the dough onto the surface of the pan. Fry on one side until the top surface of the pancake is well baked.
As soon as this happens, using a wooden spatula, transfer the pancakes to a flat dish and repeat the procedure first. Attention: Do not forget before pouring the pancake into the pan, stir the dough with a scoop.
Lubricate the surface of each pancake with honey sauce until it has cooled. Then the sauce is well absorbed into the cake, and it will turn out fragrant and soft.
Step 5: serve the bagrir.
Pancakes are very tasty and satisfying. They can be served for breakfast (only in this case it is better to prepare the dough in advance) or for dinner. The dish can be washed down with hot tea or coffee. And as a side dish, fruit, whipped cream and melted chocolate are perfect for him.
- For the preparation of delicious pancakes, be sure to use premium flour, fine grinding and trusted brands that you trust. Semolina must also be used proven, so as not to spoil the taste of the dish.
- If you didn’t have a blender or mixer at hand, do not be discouraged, as these devices will be replaced with a regular hand whisk. Of course, it will take you a little longer to whip the test mass, but the result will be the same.
- Be sure to use fresh, dry yeast, as it depends on this ingredient whether your pancakes will rise or not.
- For greater aroma, 1 packet of vanilla sugar or vanillin on the tip of a knife can be added to the dough.