We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Mini cakes
- Vanilla cupcakes
Here is the recipe for my basic vanilla cupcake that is a good starter to add flavours to and a good starter for the beginner cupcake maker.
Greater Manchester, England, UK
14 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 6 cupcakes
- 70g self raising flour
- 70g caster sugar
- 70g of soft butter
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Extra time:30min cooling › Ready in:1hr5min
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 or gas mark 3
- Prep your cupcake tin with cases. I use a muffin tin with muffin cases, perfect size and easy to remove. Gives you a deep american look instead of a shallow fairy cake look.
- I put my mixing bowl on my electronic scales and reset the scale.
- I then add my flour... without so much as a shuffle from the bag. Then I re-set my scales.
- I then add the sugar, very slowly... ontop of my flour. Dont go mad, add a bit at a time after 60g - you dont want to add too much.
- Reset the scale. You should have both the flour and the sugar in the bowl now.
- Add the butter to the mix a little at a time. Then take off the scale and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Very simple all-in-one bowl method that just needs a good mix with your mixer. Mix until all mixture is together. Make sure all sides have been scraped down and mixed.
- I bake my cupcake in an electric oven for 20-25 mins and they come out slightly browned and spring back when pressed. They should be soft, moist and fluffy inside and taste yummy!!
If you are using a stand mixer, use a flexible beater, not the whisk attachment.Test to see if cooked with a cocktail stick, if it comes out clean, they're done!
See it on my blog
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (3)
i don't really think you have set it out right!!!!!-16 Feb 2016
I'm gonna try this-11 Aug 2014
Yummy , I loved it !-27 Oct 2013